Farmdog Surf School and Beach Services puts your health and safety at the top of our priority list and understands that we must adapt both our business and personal practices in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have put new safety protocols in place for the 2020 season to protect our customers and staff. We’re proud to do our part in slowing the spread of the virus while continuing to safely serve you.
We have made the difficult but necessary decision to eliminate Surf Lessons, SUP Lessons, and all tours and camps from our offerings for the 2020 season. Due to the hands-on nature of these activities, the close proximity of instructors and students, and the inability to wear a mask or other PPE in the water, we cannot safely operate under the current social distancing guidelines. If you already booked a lesson, tour, or camp you will be issued a full refund.
BEACH RENTALS & SETUP SERVICES
- We are offering Curbside Pickup for Rental Gear Book and pay for your rental gear on our website OR by calling ahead (252) 255-2233. When you arrive at our shop to pick it up, remain in your vehicle and call (252) 255-2233 and we will bring it out to you. We will drop the gear off next to your vehicle for you to load yourself, or we can load it for you (in a truck bed, on roof racks, etc…) while maintaining sanitary and social distancing procedures.
- We are offering Contactless Delivery for weekly Rentals Book and pay for the delivery of your rental gear on our website OR by calling ahead (252) 255-2233. We will deliver it to your location while maintaining sanitary and social distancing procedures. Delivery is offered for weekly rentals only.
- We are employing safe setup practices for our Beach Setup Services If you have booked daily or weekly beach setup services (cabana tent, chairs, umbrellas, accessories) rest assured knowing that we have set them up and broken them down using proper handling, storage and sanitation techniques between uses. We will practice appropriate social distancing measures with our customers on the beach during setup and breakdown times.
- All of our equipment will be properly handled, cleaned and disinfected between each rental use
KEEPING CUSTOMERS AND STAFF SAFE
For the 2020 season, we will not be allowing customers inside our storefront/retail space. The shop is very small and we’ll be better able to serve you outdoors! Visit us under the tent at the shop’s front entrance. We ask that you maintain a safe social distance of 6ft apart if you have to wait in line with others and please wear a mask or protective face covering if you are able. We’ll have our selection of Farmdog hats, t-shirts, and accessories available for purchase outside and will be ready to help you with all of your equipment and beach rental needs!
Following the guidelines for Outdoor Recreation Businesses from the CDC and from Dare County, we are also taking the following measures to keep our customers and staff safe:
- Regularly sanitizing the register and counter space set up under the tent outside
- Requiring shop staff and delivery drivers to wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance when interacting with customers and to regularly wash/sanitize their hands
- Cleaning and disinfecting all equipment and delivery vehicles between uses.
- Customers can request curbside pickup for any of our rental or retail items. We prefer that you call ahead or order online!
- We offer contactless delivery of rental gear to your vacation address (delivery is offered for weekly rentals only) ● We have cancelled/are no longer offering lessons, tours and camps in 2020
- Staff and customers that are experiencing any signs of illness or just not feeling well are asked to stay home and not come to our shop location